Wednesday, March 13, 2013

How to get good service--what not to do...

Today, I have a case of what *not* to do.

A patient called insisting that we see his kid. He was an HMO patient. We essentially didn't cover the procedure that he insisted on.

He wanted it for free.
He threatened to sue.

He spent over an hour trying to cow us into submission. He threatened a lawsuit. He threatened to get Delta involved. He insulted every member on the staff. He called us unethical elitists who are against the poor. He was condescending as all hell.

For the record, DON'T do this.

For the past two years, I was involved with the Berkeley Free Clinic, Random Access Missions, Missions of Mercy, the Sacramento Continued Education Committee, Give Kids a Smile, and the board of a study group.

I would have done the fillings for free if he showed up on time, and had some respect for my staff.

I'm going for a run after work.

No comments:

Post a Comment