Monday, December 13, 2010

Buying my first practice

For the past 18 months, I've been working as an associate under the pay as an "independent operator."

Essentially, this means that I'm working much harder for far less pay, relatively little control over quality control, and I'm taxed twice thanks to Obama. I've found many, many taxes that I have to pay on many levels that I never knew existed.

On the plus side, this has slowly taught me to think like a businessman. I've learned to think as not only a dentist, but also a receptionist, office manager, assistant, and accountant. I've learned about quality, profitability, and the concept of working capital, as I've scraped by from check to bill, to student loan.

It's about time for me to buy a practice and make it official.
I am a dentist. Hear me squeak.

No comments:

Post a Comment