Tuesday, March 16, 2010

"I'm not going to rob you"

On the way to work today, I walked past a young black man with a 1990's era Marin Mt Tamelpias...a nice, underappreciated hardtail from an underrated company.

In my head I was thinking, "Nice bike."

The bicycle was on the ground. The gears looked intact, but I wasn't sure if there was a slipped chain. Overall, the cabling looked nice with minimal stress points.

As he lifted it and rode past, I respectfully made way for him.
And he said "I'm not going to rob you."


Wow.

There's something to be said for a society that creates such a terrible misunderstanding.
It feels like those shouting about equality and tolerance, are causing more problems than helping.

If you have any suggestions on how I can help, please leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment